This page has moved to a new address.

Baked Banana & Blueberry Oatmeal

The Best Blog Recipes: Baked Banana & Blueberry Oatmeal

Apr 9, 2013

Baked Banana & Blueberry Oatmeal



Ok, I have to admit that I'm not a huge oatmeal for breakfast fan.  I never ate it growing up and to tell you the truth.... I just had oatmeal for the first time about 2 years ago.  I know, I know... I was a super picky eater growing up and the thought of a bowl of oatmeal was not my idea of a good time. But, now that I'm older and less picky (parents there is hope for your picky eaters, I promise) I've discovered that apple cinnamon oatmeal is my favorite but I'm open to try new things. 

That's why I set out and searched, and searched for an oatmeal recipe that I thought I might like.  I came across a blog (Good Thymes & Good Food) with a Fresh Fruit Baked Oatmeal recipe that I thought was worth a try.  The only problem is that I didn't have a huge assortment of fresh fruit on hand so I used bananas and frozen blueberries instead and it turned out really fabulous!


Baked Blueberry & Banana Oatmeal Ingredients

2 cups old-fashioned Quaker Rolled Oats
1 teaspoon baking powder
1 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup maple syrup
1/4 cup honey
2 cups milk
1 large eggs, lightly beaten
4 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
2 bananas, peeled and chopped into bite sized pieces
1 1/2 cups frozen blueberries (thawed at room temp for 10 minutes)
1/2 cup honey flavored granola

Directions
Preheat your oven to 375°.  Lightly butter the inside of a 2 quart casserole dish.

In a medium mixing bowl combine your rolled oats, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.  Set aside.

In a bowl combine your eggs, maple syrup, honey, milk, eggs, butter and vanilla.  Whisk together well.  

Cover the bottom of your casserole dish with 1 of the chopped bananas.  Top with 1/2 of the blueberries.  

Pour your dry mixture over the fruit and spread out evenly.  Pour your liquid ingredients over the oats.  Top with the remaining banana and blueberries.

Bake in the oven for 35-40 minutes.  The top should start to brown and the oats should start to set.  Remove from the oven and sprinkle the honey flavored granola over the top and return to the oven for an additional 5-7 minutes of baking time.  

Remove from the oven and let stand for 10 minutes before serving.  

* Recipe adapted from Good Thymes & Good Food



Other recipes you might enjoy





We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)




I'd also love for you to read about my amazing weight loss journey that I've been on over the past few months....  and check out my before & after weight loss pictures by visiting my other site

Labels:

15 Comments:

At April 9, 2013 at 5:32 PM , Blogger Becca said...

Wow, that looks and sounds really good, Shauna! Gonna pin it. :)

 
At April 9, 2013 at 10:10 PM , Blogger Kirsten Oliphant said...

Wow! That sounds so delicious!

 
At April 9, 2013 at 11:44 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

All good stuff, wonder how my family would love the broccoli breakfast bits they look so good, I tried the oatmeal but not baked, it is good. great post. Joining from Healthy Tues hop.
Living F.A.B.ulously on Purpose

 
At April 10, 2013 at 5:28 AM , Blogger Winnie said...

I'm not a breakfast girl, but I would definitely like to try this recipe. I could eat it any time of day, right ?:)

 
At April 13, 2013 at 6:37 AM , Anonymous Shannon {Cozy Country Living} said...

Yum! We love oatmeal for breakfast at our house! This looks great:)

 
At April 14, 2013 at 4:33 PM , Blogger Love Bakes Good Cakes said...

I am not a breakfast eater, however I love bananas and blueberries! I know my kids would love this! Thanks so much for linking up to All My Bloggy Friends!

 
At April 14, 2013 at 6:35 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Oatmeal is one of the only things I've been able to keep down in my early pregnancy and eating the same old plain oatmeal was getting old. I loved the taste of this recipe! Thanks for posting it!

Susan Kay @ www.fidlersunderoneroof.com

 
At April 14, 2013 at 7:44 PM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

I love having a meal on breakfast! will try this for sure. I am your newest follower via GFC. Hope you can visit my blog and follow back.

Thanks so much it would mean the world!!
hugs,
Chi
http://sunnydaysarelove.blogspot.com

 
At April 15, 2013 at 9:12 PM , Blogger Amber @ DessertNowDinnerLater.com said...

My kids eat oatmeal every morning for breakfast & my son is obsessed with blueberries! This will be perfect for him! Thanks for linking up to Sweet & Savory Saturdays #8.
~Amber @ http://dessertnowdinnerlater.blogspot.com/

 
At April 16, 2013 at 3:37 AM , Blogger AG said...

I love oatmeal, but still haven't gotten around to trying it in the slow cooker! Thank you so much for submitting this recipe to the Tasty Tuesday's link party! :) This week's link party has just been submitted, so please come back and link up with us; we'd love to have you!

 
At April 18, 2013 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Diana of Diana Rambles said...

Delish! Thanks for sharing this at my Pin Me Party!

 
At April 19, 2013 at 4:32 AM , Blogger Marti @ SewLicious Home Decor said...

Looks delicious!! Thank you for linking up at SHOW-licious Craft Showcase! I hope you come back this weekend for another fun party!

http://sew-licious.blogspot.com
Marti

 
At April 19, 2013 at 8:44 PM , Blogger cody said...

It is very easy to make. I think it is a little salty and I cannot really taste the Maple syrup.


gourmet recipes on a budget

 
At April 20, 2013 at 7:29 AM , Blogger Danielle said...

This looks like such a delicious and nutritious breakfast. Thanks for sharing at Silver Pennies Sundays. x

 
At April 22, 2013 at 1:05 PM , Anonymous Kathy said...

You made me hungry. Baked banana blueberry oatmeal is one of my favorite and I like to treat myself often with it in breakfast time. Thanks.
benefits of bananas

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home