This page has moved to a new address.

Greek Yogurt, Berries & Granola Parfait

The Best Blog Recipes: Greek Yogurt, Berries & Granola Parfait

Feb 25, 2013

Greek Yogurt, Berries & Granola Parfait



About 2 weeks ago I went to a friends house for a play-date and she made us a snack while the kids were playing.  She broke out some yogurt, berries & granola for us. 

Here's my dilemma... I have never tried Greek Yogurt and for those of you who read one of my previous posts I just kind of assumed that Greek Yogurt was really gross.  And granola...  IN... yogurt?  Who does that.  I'm not a walnuts in my brownie kind of girl either.  I like my sweet things plain.  I was having a hard enough time with the "Greek" part to start with and you want to granola me too.     

I just kept talking and decided that I wasn't going to say anything and just eat what she gave me.  My mom would be so proud! And besides,  I really trust this friend since she is such a fantastic cook and I'm so incredibly happy I did because lookout...  THIS TREAT WAS SO DELICIOUS!

Oh my goodness.  I couldn't believe it.  The combination of the delicious honey flavored yogurt, with the berries, banana and wonderful granola were just out of this world!

In 2 weeks I have finished 2 large containers of Greek Gods Honey flavored Greek Yogurt all by myself (but who's counting) and I literally just can't get enough.
Greek Yogurt, Berries & Granola Ingredients
1 cup Greek Gods Honey flavored yogurt (I bought mine at Walmart)
1/2 cup frozen blueberries
1/2 cup frozen strawberries, chopped
1/2 of a banana, cut up
1/2 cup granola (I went heavy on the granola because I'm loving it so much)

Directions
I put my frozen blueberries and strawberries in a bowl and throw them in the microwave for about 25 seconds to soften just a little bit.  You could also just leave them out on the counter for 10 minutes... but who's got time for that?  

Then you just layer the yogurt, berries, banana and top with granola.

Now you're ready to enjoy a delicious and yummy treat that is healthy too!  Love it!

 We've been busy sharing this recipe on many different blog link parties! For a complete list of where we like to party please visit the "Link Parties" tab at the top of the page :)


Labels: ,

21 Comments:

At February 25, 2013 at 10:27 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hello!

I just wanted to let you know that I nominated you for the Versatile Blogger Award! It is up today on my blog! Have a great day!

Kathie
http://www.sassylittlelady.com

 
At February 25, 2013 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Rosita Vargas said...

Realmente exquisito me encanta tiene un aspecto perfecto y delicioso,abrazos y abrazos

 
At February 25, 2013 at 8:57 PM , Blogger Becca said...

YUM!! This looks sooo good. Love it when I find delicious HEALTHY foods. :) Thanks for sharing at A Humble Bumble, Shauna!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:15 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kathie!!! I'll head over and check it out tomorrow and see what I need to do :)

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Gracias por venir y dejarme un comentario tan dulce!

 
At February 25, 2013 at 10:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Your welcome Becca! Glad I could come over and link up tonight :)

 
At February 26, 2013 at 7:40 AM , Blogger Emily Thompson said...

ooo yummy!!! Would love that for breakfast in the morning. Thanks for linking up to Tasteful Tuesdays @ Nap-Time Creations. So glad you stopped by! Emily

 
At February 26, 2013 at 7:50 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

So yummy and refreshing!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 8:40 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Jeni!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 8:47 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

We love granola, fresh fruit and yogurt-- And I don't even care for yogurt but love it with all those yummy things added in!

Thanks for linking up to the Healthy Tuesdays Blog Hop.
Kerry from Country Living On A Hill

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:20 AM , Blogger AngieOuellette-Tower said...

You have a wonderful blog!! I'm your newest follower from the “Humble Bumble” blog hop - this is my blog if you wanted to follow back: godsgrowinggarden.com
Thanks
Angie

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:22 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

You're welcome Kerry!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:24 AM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks for stopping by and following! I visited your blog and followed on GFC too!

 
At February 26, 2013 at 9:31 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Thanks Kathy! I will definitely be back next week to link up again :)

 
At February 28, 2013 at 9:18 PM , Blogger Unknown said...

Looks yummy and healthy! Would love for you to share this at my link party this week.
http://www.bloominghomestead.com/2013/02/crafty-tuesday-22513.html
-Marie

 
At March 2, 2013 at 2:56 PM , Blogger Miz Helen said...

Shauna,
I just love Greek Yogurt this is a great breakfast. Hope you are having a great weekend and thank you so much for sharing with Full Plate Thursday.
Come Back Soon!
Miz Helen

 
At March 4, 2013 at 9:17 AM , Blogger Stacey Gibbon said...

YUM! I could eat something like this for breakfast, lunch & dinner.

Thanks for linking up at Crafty Thursday Obsessions. Hope to see you this week again.

Have a great week <3

 
At March 9, 2013 at 9:54 PM , Blogger Cindy said...

Just found your blog--can't wait to check it out. I love Greek yogurt, fruit and granola. In fact I have a batch of granola in the oven baking right now. It smells wonderful. Found you at Dessert Now Dinner Later blog hop. I would love to have you stop by my blog!
http://cgharris.blogspot.com/

 
At April 3, 2013 at 6:59 AM , Anonymous Krysta @KrystaSteen.com said...

Hi Shauna! Thanks for linking up to Thrifty Thursday again last week - you are one of my features again THIS week, lol!!
Hope you stop by again! :)

Krysta @ KrystaSteen.com

 
At April 20, 2013 at 6:09 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

The real life stories in the back are amazing,
and show that even average women can look amazing. You may want to try the
buddy system, as lot of people find that this motivates them
tremendously. To keep one motivated it is important to alternate the activities after one to two weeks.


My web-site :: women fitness tips abs

 
At April 21, 2013 at 11:01 AM , Anonymous Anonymous said...

People talk themselves out of exercising so easily, and the opposite can be so easy.
The reason this is important is because you will have a stronger knowledge base and bag of
tricks to keep you going on the rougher days.

Get your heart rate up with a quick burst of fast movement.


Also visit my page; https://blag.wiki.aktivix.org/index.php?title=Essential_Details_In_fitness_tips_Around_The_USA

 

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home